1.03.2005

Genesis - Firth of Fifth

It seems as though I am bound to spend another week under the tyranny of this illness. Fortunately it has only manifested itself as constant chest congestion...so far.

Our church cancelled its watchnight service on the 31st, so in the custom of my ancestors I heralded the new year on my old cornet, while my father blasted the foghorn. Living in a remote area has its advantages, even if high-speed internet access is still about 10 years away. On Sunday I was too sick to even get out of bed for the morning service, let alone Sunday school, so I occupied myself by priming the three metal Warhammer 40,000 models I had purchased, in anticipation of the Tau Battleforce box set I will be getting tomorrow.

The sun didn't come out today, so it's about 62 degrees in the house. I think I'll start a fire, since my father was so kind to chop wood on Saturday while the rest of us were visiting the Beswicks, another family of musicians who have been family friends for 15 years. I played the NES game Jackal with the dad of the family over and over and over when I was six years old, and we all lived in the Valley of Enchantment.

My sister's boyfriend's parents bought him a '95 Camaro, so things are looking up for them. Meanwhile, I've had a car for years but can't seem to find employment. I fear I shall be frustrated in my renewed attempts now that the semester is over, but much can be said for perseverance.

I hear honking at the gate. Farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home